Did you know that the lions in front of the New York Public Library are named Patience and Fortitude? These are honorable virtues to hold. If I do say so myself, I have a strong amount of patience. Fortitude however, is definitely a weakness in my character. My SIL on the other hand, believes she needs her patience strengthened, yet her fortitude is solid. So on my last day in NYC, we took a few photos of each other in front of the lion that we need more guidance with.
MJ and Patiencepa·tience (pā'shəns)
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.
Madeline and Fortitudefor·ti·tude (fôr'tĭ-tōōd', -tyōōd')
1. Mental and emotional strength in facing difficulty, adversity, danger, or temptation courageously
2. Strength of mind that allows one to endure pain or adversity with courage.