A few of you know I'm a sucker for the meme's so when Ragged tagged me for this one, I was thrilled even though I'm not even ready to think about Christmas yet. So if you'd like to play along, I encourage you to do so! Then we can get back to our regularly scheduled autumn, thank you very much. :)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate please. Egg nog has too much cinnamon.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? A little bit of both. Santa likes to mix it up.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored, lots and lots of different colors.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Don’t need no stinkin’ mistletoe to steal a kiss.
5. When do you put up your decorations? Soon after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Oh goodness, that’s hard because my MIL is the best cook ever (think Paula Deen) and she always makes it and anything she makes I love. Last year was turkey, this year will probably be prime rib. My mouth is watering thinking about it.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? singing Christmas carols at midnight mass.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really have no idea how old I was when I learned the truth. I’d guess I was between 6-8. As soon as I knew, my mom pretty much abolished Christmas. She stopped decorating and wrapping presents. She didn’t like the commercialization of the holiday.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes, but we usually wait till we’re with the rest of the family on Christmas Day.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? Um, well, we don’t usually put up a tree. But sometimes we’ll alternate between a tree that’s fully covered with bears and a real tree with colored lights and all different kinds of ornaments that I’ve collected over the years.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread? Love it! But probably because I don’t live in it. We get a lot at the hideaway and it’s awesome. I wouldn’t like having to drive in it all winter though.
12. Can you ice skate? Barely.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Shoot, can I just admit right here and now that I’m spoiled? I’ve gotten loads of wonderful things so it’s truly hard to pick a favorite. But my favorite from last Christmas was the telephoto lens for my DSLR.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family. Love ‘em. Thanksgiving, almost everyone tries to be together, it’s my favorite. Christmas it’s a bit harder for all of us to be at the same place, but whoever can get together usually do.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I can’t remember if my MIL usually makes pies at Christmas in addition to Thanksgiving, but if she does, definitely the pies. But I do know she always makes Christmas cookies – her pecan balls (aka Mexican Wedding cookies) and sugar cookies are the best ever.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going out with Jimmy on Christmas Eve and looking at all the Christmas lights in the neighborhood. Our neighborhood has the best lights, they’re not usually over the top, they’re just beautiful, colorful and totally brings out the Christmas spirit. I love looking into the windows and seeing the family celebrations. Yup, I’ll look into your house if your windows are open. I figure if you wanted privacy, you’d pull the shades.
17. What tops your tree? A bear or a star or a bow, if there is a tree that is.
18. What is your favourite holiday book? Madeline’s Christmas by Ludwig Bemelmans
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy? Irresistible when mixed with chocolate. Alone, not so much.
I tag you and you and you and you...that means you, too.