Ahhh...gotta love those Saturday afternoons when nothing is pressing and you can spend all day answering and sharing slam book type questions.
1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
2. What was the last song you listened to?
The Girl in 14G, Kristin Chenoweth
3. What's in your record/CD player right now?
At home we listen to iTunes so our entire collection gets shuffled. But I have a 6 cd changer in my car and in there I have:
Kristin Chenoweth: mixed cd made by my SIL
Justin Timberlake: FutureSex/LoveSounds
Jewel: Goodbye Alice in Wonderland
Sarah McLachlan: Afterglow
Linkin Park: Meteora
Elton John: Greatest Hits Volume II
4. Do you know what music the person before you is into?
Lifted from Ragged’s blog. She mentioned a few bands I’ve never heard of before, but if we ever happened to be in a car together, I think we'd get along. :-)
5. What's your favorite local band?
Green Day’s awesome. Primus is pretty cool although I can only handle them for a little while, they’re very excited. Totally love Cake but they’re from Sacramento so they don’t really count do they?
More Bay Area Bands Here.
6. What was the last album you bought?
Purple Onion, Colonel Les Claypool’s Fearless Flying Frog Brigade
Which, truthfully, was a while a go and for Jimmy.
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
Ok, there are 2 stand out concerts…and 1 "show".
The first one was Rush opened by Primus in 1992. It was a visual feast. I didn’t like Rush before but that concert certainly made me a lot more tolerable to their style. And Primus is just so wacky they were so fun to watch.
The second one was Peter Gabriel’s Growing Up tour in 2002. It was Peter Gabriel. Nuf said.
The 3rd was The Beatles Love performance by Cirque du Soleil. The music obviously wasn’t live, but wow, talk about a show. It was so freaking amazing. I had to add this one since the question was greatest “show” you’ve ever been to.
And as I was writing about these 3, a few more stand out performances kept popping in my mind, but I’ll leave it at these.
8. What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert?
I can’t even remember who was headlining. But I used to work for a radio station in LA and got free concert tickets. Oldies. Snoozefest. Blech.
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
Ya know, whatever floats their boat. I’m not much of a hater.
10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
I’m musically challenged. Does Karaoke Revolution on Xbox count?
11. What shows are you looking forward to?
Uh, well…since the word “show” was used again…I’ll say anything that Cirque du Soleil does that’s similar to Love.
12. What is your favorite band shirt?
Phin’s Social Distortion t.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Mike Mesaros and his wife Cindy of the Smithereens
14. What musician would you sleep within a heart beat?
Keanu Reeves plays bass.
15. Are u a stalker?
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
17. 80's Madonna or Kabbalah Esther?
18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?
Punk rock, then heavy metal then a little hip hop.
19. Name 3 timeless records or artists?
20. Name 3 artists that suck?
Her x does music, too, right? I’ve never heard his stuff though so should I judge?
21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
22. What was the greatest decade for music?
It’s all good.
23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
There are at least a couple dozen in the collective collection of mine and the husband’s.
Ohhhh…musical type movies? A handful, including Grease.
24. Do you like Journey?
Yes, along with Styx and Foreigner
25. Don't try to pretend you don't!
26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
Xanadu. Uh huh, I admit it.